dinsdag 22 november 2016

Orange NSW Both girls found safe and well

Published 22 November, 2016 By Cilla Kinross

With Vim still sitting up in the box, I started driving down to where I last saw Rubi and half way there I spotted her (or Mell, I’m not going to try and tell them apart) on a fence post.


Rubi (?) on fence

As I watched, she took off and flew around the woods and into a tall pine. I left the car and found her in the pines, but my photos are poor. Then she took off again and flew back to the main wood.


Not much of a photo either, but evidence of good flight.


So I walked through the wood and found a female juvenile half-way up a eucalypt on a branch. I suspected Mell as I thought Rubi had flown further towards the box.



So I got myself into a spot where I could see both Mell and Vim and waited. About half an hour later, I heard a third juvenile calling and finally found Rubi again, even higher in a tree.


Female no. 2 found at last



So at one time I could see four peregrines in one sweeping glance. Only one missing was Xavier, presumably chasing those pesky galahs. Hopefully I’ll see a feed another time.

playlist Falcon Peregrines Orange NSW 2016

Geen opmerkingen: