dinsdag 29 november 2016

Orange NSW Trio regrouped in dead roost tree

Published 29 November, 2016 | By Cilla Kinross

After being conspicuous by their absence during CSU Green’s ‘inspection’ today, I found our family back in their dead tree this evening. I had to walk down as I didn’t have the 4WD and I was very conscious of a very cross Diamond who followed me down, so I didn’t go too close (hence not that great photos).

Nice to see Vim having a meal of his own; in fact, he took it to his sister and shared it.


Vim with prey


Vim calling


Vim sharing with his sister (Mell?)

And here is the other sister (Rubi?) looking very aloof, a little higher in the tree.


Rubi perhaps, looking very cool and aloof

And a couple of landscape shots, showing the tower and a yellow box tree near the dead roost tree (Eucalyptus melliodora after which Mell was named)


Water tower from near roost tree


Tall yellow box, probably over 300 years old

Signing off

Cilla

playlist Falcon Peregrines Orange NSW 2016

Geen opmerkingen: